In 2015, our children’s orchestra made its debut. With over 60 children playing violin, viola, cello and flute, the orchestra is a wonderful (and rare) opportunity for children to experience the joy of making music together.
In 2013, we launched Camerata Child’s Play, our chamber ensemble made up of young local musicians and advanced children of Child’s Play. Since April 2013, Camerata has performed over 16 concerts including at the prestigious Monte Music Festival in Goa.
* Recorder/Flute lessons with Mitsuko Trust, a charity that educates children about their rights (since June 2012). This project has currently concluded.
* Our recorder project for over 80 children at Auxilium school, Caranzalem has now concluded.
* Violin and Viola lessons at Auxilium school, Caranzalem (June 2014)
* Violin lessons at Auxilium school, Aldona for around 45 children began in January 2013. It is temporarily on hold since April 2015 as we don’t have a teacher at the moment for that location.
* A new village project has been launched in Santa Cruz village, near Panjim in August 2015. We are currently offering violin, recorder/flute, piano and choir.
Our Christmas concert was our biggest one yet, with over 130 performers including 100 children in choir and orchestra. Our Facebook page has lots of photos. Do watch this short video put together for us by noted documentary maker Jayesh Akhargekar. Merry Christmas from all of us at Child’s Play