Over the years, Child’s Play India has been featured in many national and international publications. In the past few months, we have been written about in The Hindu newspaper, which is a national newspaper widely read across the country. This brought us a fair bit of attention in South India,
We are delighted that our first project was a partnership with ‘Hamara School’, an educational institution for underprivileged children in Goa.
The school is an informal teaching institution and takes care of 80+ children of construction workers, migrants and other low-income families by overseeing their educational and other needs. Most
In 2015, our children’s orchestra made its debut. With over 60 children playing violin, viola, cello and flute, the orchestra is a wonderful (and rare) opportunity for children to experience the joy of making music together.
In 2013, we launched Camerata Child’s Play, our chamber ensemble made up of young local musicians and advanced children of Child’s Play. Since April 2013, Camerata has performed over 16 concerts including at the prestigious Monte Music Festival in Goa.
* Recorder/Flute lessons with Mitsuko Trust, a charity that educates children about their rights (since June 2012). This project has currently concluded.
* Our recorder project for over 80 children at Auxilium school, Caranzalem has now concluded.
* Violin and Viola lessons at Auxilium school, Caranzalem (June 2014)
* Violin lessons at Auxilium school, Aldona for around 45 children began in January 2013. It is temporarily on hold since April 2015 as we don’t have a teacher at the moment for that location.
* A new village project has been launched in Santa Cruz village, near Panjim in August 2015. We are currently offering violin, recorder/flute, piano and choir.